Thursday, September 5, 2013

Praises

Not only did Danny make it through the surgery successfully, but he was one of the 2% who came out of surgery with his chest closed up!! He was moved to an ICU room and at about 8:30 p.m. was taken off the ventilator...apparently a miraculous thing after an LVAD. That's only somewhere between 11-12 hrs after a major open heart surgery!! I'm just completely in awe of how God hears prayers and then answers them in ways so far beyond what we asked for! One of the great things in life is when your own precious child wraps his arms around your legs and says "I love you Mommy" or when you are holding them when they are sick and they just melt into your arms. That's how I feel right now. This has been so scary and hard...tonight I'm all alone in the hotel and can't feel guilty about not being in the ICU with Danny because I'm not allowed in there after hours! I can feel God's arms cradling me in his comfort and peace. I'm so tired and He gives me rest. This is the song I can't get out of my head...I don't know how to put the tune into written form for you, so I guess you have to make that part up!!

As the deer panteth oer the water
So my soul longeth after you.

You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you.

You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone may my spirit yield

You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you.

God is proving Himself through this experience. The Bible sin 2 Corinthians 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. "

I am not strong...I'm scared, tired, weary, overwhelmed, sad,...all of those things mixed together equals weakness, BUT God's "power is made perfect in weakness"!

Also, why did God do so much, much more than just answer a prayer? Because..."The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16).





No comments:

Post a Comment